Translate

Thursday 3 March 2016

An idea for a friend


 We have plenty of time untill Easter, but if you have to prepare a lot of things you must start now!

 A friend of mine, who teaches in a kindergarten, wants to make Easter candles for all the pupils. So she asked me if I had any idea for the decoration for these candles.


 I came up with the idea of crocheted owls (what else?), which I adore.



 So I made one for her as a sample. Isn’t it cute? And it’s very easy to make it. These are the parts of my little owl: the body, the eyes and the wings. All crocheted with plenty of joy and love (I’ m sure you crochet lovers share my feelings). 

 Firstly, I made the body in light turqoise color. 


Then I made the eyes using red yarn for the centre and pink for the round.



Time for the wings now, which are a little fluffy...



And here comes the nose! Just a tiny triangle!



It took me about one hour to crochet all the parts of the body and one more hour to assemble them. 


 As you can see I added a few small details, the small black buttons in the centre of the eyes, and some small pieces of yarn, using all the colors I had already used, to decorate the ears. 

 I also added a tiny detail on the top of the head, just in case you want to hang it somewhere for decoration.


 It’s not really a big deal, but if you have to make fifty (!) of them it must be time consuming.

Tomorrow this colorful little bird will fly currying inspiration to its new home!



Bye bye my little creature!!!

Some day I hope to find the time to write down the pattern for you. It is very easy, as I've already said before.

I hope you like it!

X X X

                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment